A program to develop the next generation of leaders by increasing engagement in high school students with peer-to-peer training and outreach that will result in creating lifelong ambassadors to our ministry and mission. This is an 11-month program open to high school students only that will give each participant opportunities to volunteer and advocate for Street Hope TN.
Questions about the program or applying? Contact Samantha Hicks at email@example.com.
Attend scheduled monthly team meetings during September-March
Collect items for Garland Oaks throughout summer to donate at the End of Summer Celebration
Obtain a total of 10 volunteer hours over the course of the program
Attend/organize two prayer gatherings throughout the program
Attend a Hope Gathering
Work with Director of Prevention Education to schedule and help lead a training
Advocate on behalf of Street Hope TN by selecting one of our advocacy options
Participate in the Shine A Light on Slavery Day (draw red X on hand) and post on social media, if possible
Memorize Isaiah 61:1-3, Street Hope TN’s theme verse
Write a short, one-page reflection about what you learned through the Junior Advocate Program
Applications for the 2021-2022 program are open now! In order to apply for this program, students must:
- Download and have parent sign the Parent Consent Form (below)
- Get 2 Letters of Recommendation from a teacher and a personal reference
- Complete the online application by clicking below!
Applications are due on May 1, 2021
A program to develop the next generation of leaders by increasing engagement in high school students with peer to peer training and outreach that will result in creating lifelong ambassadors to the Street Hope TN ministry and mission.
The program qualifications are:
- Must embrace Street Hope TN’s core mission and values
- Must be a current high school student in good standing at school.
- Must have availability to attend monthly team meetings on the second Sunday from 4-5pm each month from September – March
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- Must display honesty and have a positive attitude
- Must have a passion for this project and the population of vulnerable children.
- Must have strong organizational skills
Students who will be in 9th – 12th grade during the time of the program are eligible to apply.
Each year the program starts with training sessions in June and ends with a graduation the following April.
The application opens on April 1st each year. A link to the application will be made available on this page when the application opens.
The application must include a parent signature and two letters of recommendation (one from a teacher and one from a personal reference).
Applications are due by May 1st each year.
All applicants will be selected and notified by May 31st.
YES! Unfortunately, we are only able to select a limited number of students each year. Therefore, if you are not selected, you are eligible to reapply for the program again as long as you will still be a high school student. Each student who is selected for the program is only able to participate for one year.
© STREET HOPE TN 2020