How will you know if a child or young person in your life has become a victim of sex trafficking?
Look for a combination of signs like these, which may indicate the commercial sexual exploitation of a minor:
- Suddenly withdraws or seeks isolation
- Carries a lot of cash
- Maintains poor personal hygiene
- Dresses inappropriately for the weather or setting
- Resists being truthful or open
- Sustains bruises or unexplained injuries
- Dates a much older person
- Chats on the internet with strangers
- Misses normal activities, with unexplained absence
- Displays a distinctive tattoo or branding mark
Download a printable PDF of the 10 signs your friend needs help bookmark.