Over the last several months, we have felt God leading our team into very specific discussions on restoration of minor sex trafficking victims. Specifically, we were burdened by the realization that our state does not currently have a good solution for children that are rescued from sex slavery, to care for their very specific needs.
As we have prayerfully sought His direction and leading in the future of Street Hope, we began to evaluate and refine our Core Values, Mission, and Vision. While Street Hope remains committed to raising awareness to the atrocity of DMST in our community and state, and continues to connect church and community resources to engage in the fight against DMST, we believe our Lord has drawn us specifically into caring for the needs of these precious children. It is with great excitement and eager anticipation that I share with you our updated Core Values, Mission, and Vision below.
We look forward to sharing exciting details in the weeks ahead. Sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay in the loop; or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
In Service to the King,
Christy Kampf, Executive Director
Our Core Values
- We are followers of Jesus Christ and embrace the Biblical mandate to care for the oppressed, orphan, broken, and hurting. (Isaiah 1:17)
- We believe children are significantly valued and loved by God. (Psalm 127:3, Matthew 19:14, Matthew 18:10)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only One who can heal and restore. (Psalm 147:3, Psalm 34:17-18)
- We believe that the source and demand (pornography, sex addiction) must be eliminated to see an end to child sexual exploitation.
- We believe that children must be provided a safe place in order to heal and find hope again.
- We believe that it is the responsibility of the church and all believers to speak and fight for those that cannot speak or fight for themselves.
- We believe that the fight against DMST begins with bringing awareness to the issue within our churches, schools, and community.
See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. – Matthew 18:10
Street Hope envisions a day where all children are free from sex slavery and restored by Jesus Christ.
To eliminate sexual exploitation and trafficking of children and provide safe environments to foster healing and hope through Jesus Christ.
We do this by:
- Bringing awareness and light to the dark issue of DMST to our churches and community.
- Mobilizing the Church of Jesus Christ to engage in its elimination.
- Leading a community-wide men’s initiative to address the pornography/sex addiction source of demand that leads to child sexual exploitation.
- Providing safe environments for child victims of sex trafficking to heal.
- Providing a holistic, Christ-centered restorative approach: physically, spiritually, and emotionally; and restoring in them a true identity of who they are: loved, significant, and valuable to God.
- Partnering with other like-minded organizations. (Organizations focused on sex trafficking, working with children, or specializing in Christ-centered restoration.)
[bctt tweet=”Street Hope envisions a day where all children are free from sex slavery and restored by Jesus Christ.” username=”@StreetHopeTN”]